Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Outpatient Services

I have mixed feelings tonight. First of all, I am super excited about the progress this blog has taken. I purchased the domain and hosting account tonight. A friend's husband has been a godsend by taking on helping me so I couldn't have done it without him. I finally feel like this is really happening and it's a wonderful feeling. But then I guess that's the part which is making the other part of me sad. I want to be able to be at home, help others that are going through similar situations, raise awareness, and be there for Noah like I need to be! I love my current job, I really do. I have a great manager and a team full of wonderful coworkers who I've grown very close to; however, all day every day I just want to be home. I don't want to cringe every time I have an appointment for Noah that doesn't coincide with my work schedule. I also feel it's unfair to my employer that I can't give my full heart to the job when my entire heart is stuck at home! I am going to press through and try to get everything completely up and running where I can be at home by Christmas time. What a Christmas gift to my family that would be!

We have been trying to get Noah into outpatient or in-home therapy since November 2011. We finally got a call from our targeted case worker advising us of an appointment on Friday! So, that is such a great step in the right direction for us. We are also having an in-home behaviorist which will come out to the house on a weekly basis to help with Noah. With these services that we've fought for so long for, it is a great feeling to know they are finally coming. We are also doing it because his insurance wants to see as many outpatient services as possible before doing the residential treatment center. So, we are doing it to know that if we do need to exercise that resource in the future, our chances having it improved are much greater!

This is a shorter entry but of course, I need to get back to the web design of everything! We will be switching blogging origins soon!

If you want to follow us on FB: www.facebook.com/lwamikids

No comments:

Post a Comment